الخميس، 27 أكتوبر 2011

An American Host Family Experience



An American Host Family Experience

Nawal Bait Jameel met an American family while studying at the University of North Carolina –
Charlotte. She stayed with the family in their home and had a wonderful experience. She wanted to
share her experience with you, although she expects that not everyone’s experience with their host
family in Denver will be quite like this:
“I had a wonderful time…. my host family is
awesome and they are so good and kind to
me. No matter what I’ll say about them I’ll
never be able to describe how kind are they.
They always make me feel at home and they
do whatever I want. They do check on me all
the time and they keep asking me if I need
anything. They make me feel like home and
family here.
Also, they never expect from me to pay
anything. They’ll always do and pay
everything for me. I talked to them, but they
refuse to listen. Then I asked Maureen (my International Student Coordinator) if she gave them
money to spend on me but she told me, ‘no, they are just a very kind people and they want to keep
you happy.’
Before the Thanksgiving night I was in their home from the morning helping make the dessert एंड
after that, I went with their awesome daughter to visit a park। I like it and now I can make a pumpkin
pie and apple pie. I loved all the food that they made and I ate a lot that night. For sure I liked the
dessert because I was part of it.
One thing I really respect them about is at that night I and Ayoub were fasting and they waited for us
till 5 pm then we started to eat at 5:30। I told them that they don’t have to but they refuse to listen.”

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق